Disclaimer: this is more a ‘note to self’ than anything else.
- Download KNIME (without all the stuff) from www.knime.com
- Add the nightly build update site to it: http://update.knime.org/analytics-platform/nightly
- Add our workflow (which uses a bunch of KNIP and Python nodes — this will cause KNIME to ask you to install a bunch of extensions.
- Unfortunately KNIME will not know that we also need this one thing that enables images to be sent back and forth between ImgLib2 and numpy.
- Therefore go to ‘Help – Install new Software’ and look for ‘KNIME Image Processing — Python Extensions’ and ‘KNIME Python Scripting Extension’ which comes on ‘KNIME Community Contributions (nightly)’
Here, a list of all extensions that where installed in order to use python and Keras from within KNIME:
- KNIME Image Processing (1.5.5.x)
- KNIME Python Integration (Labs…) (3.4.2v…)
- KNIME Image Processing — Python Extension (1.0.4v…) // this I found on Stable Community Contributions update site
- KNIME Deep Learning — Keras Integration (3.5.0v…)
And there is a funny bug at the moment: after you installed everything, Python nodes will only work correctly after a new Python node is pulled into the workflow. It can immediately be deleted again, but all old (existing) nodes will only work correctly after a new one was instantiated once. Hard to find, good to know! 😉
Good bye and thanks for all the fish,